John 10:10 (NLT)The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
- “Generosity is what keeps the things I own from owning me. In other words, generosity isn't just to bless others, it's also to liberate me. Be. Generous.”
Pastor Eugene Cho, Quest Church
John 3:16 (ESV)“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- "God did not create giving for His sake. He created giving for our sakes! We're most like our wonderful, gracious Father when we're at our most generous."
Pastor Robert Morris, Gateway Church.
2 Corinthians 9:7 ( (ESV)Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Matthew 26:39 (KJV)And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
- Jesus's feelings were entirely legitimate, but they were shouting at Him to quit just short of God's will concerning this ultimate gift.
John 12:24 (NKJV)Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
- The principle of the seed is simple:
• We can save seed, consume seed, or we can plant seed.
• There are benefits to all three, but only planting seed brings multiplication and harvest.
- "I would rather see a sermon than hear one any day."
- Let love move you to pre-decide within your own heart, willingly commit, and follow through knowing the harvest waits just on the other side of our generosity.
- Your Notes